Mrs. Rowe’s Restaurant and Bakery is located on Route 250 East of Staunton, Va., at the junction of Interstate 81 and 64 and has become a landmark for travelers. Locals are regulars also and proud of the restaurant’s fame. Mildred’s start in the business came in the late 1940’s at “The Far Fame”, a restaurant which featured recipes her mother created and prepared. When she married Willard Rowe in 1953, she brought her recipes with her to Staunton. Prior to 1947, Willard operated the restaurant as Perk’s Barbecue, a roadhouse seating about 40 people and specializing in BBQ and steaks. Together they renamed the restaurant to Rowe’s Steakhouse and for the next 20 years, oversaw two expansions which increased the capacity to 225. When Willard Rowe passed away in 1973, Mildred continued to run the restaurant with the assistance of her children.
74 Rowe Rd Staunton, VA 24401